Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Breakfast for family

Yesterday night I made parmesan popovers, after the kids went to bed.  I baked them in muffin tray, but according to the recipe, I must leave the two middle holes empty.  So, I can only make 10 pieces of popovers in the only muffin tray I have.

The popovers were meant for breakfast this morning.  As usual, I woke up my oldest (although, sometimes she would wake me up) so that she can get ready for school.  While I was grinding the coffee beans, my youngest woke up.  Both got excited seeing the popovers and immediately snatched up a few pieces.

I get ready home-lunch while brewing the coffee the old fashion way.  Then my husband got up, and I got ready his breakfast.  In his case, I would prepare loc salmon with thinly slice onions, sprinkled with capers with a squeeze of lemon juice.  He liked this together with the popovers.  And a cup of black coffee.

In the meantime, I get a cup of coffee ready, usually half cup of coffee with half teaspoon of sugar, top with milk.  I took a few sips, then I had to get ready to send my oldest to school.

By the time I got back, I was ready to have my breakfast.  But by then there was only one piece of popover left, and my youngest decided he wanted it.  So, I ended up sharing that piece with him.

Such is my life.  Perhaps, I ate three meals, had nap (not exactly) and read manga, but I only get left overs for my breakfast today.  I guess that is the life of a mother as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment