Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Teishoku

I am DOOMED!  I really am.  Sucked into the vortex of otaku's world, I can no longer pry myself off from the 2D world.  Subdued in a world full of imaginative graphics, a world that can be so real yet so surreal.  It seeped not only into my dreams, but my very being, shaking every core of my living cells.  I trembled at the sight of this flat world, a world that existed from mere fantasy that seems to have crossed over into my daily life.

What I meant by that is simply, the world of manga actually influences my daily activity, and that includes cooking.  One of food manga I recently read, Shinya Shokudou is a good example.  This manga is about a night "diner", serving from night till dawn.  In one particular chapter, the shop features its tonkatsu teishoku a.k.a. tonkatsu set meal.  It looked so tempting that I decided to make my own teishoku for lunch.  Hahaha...now, that is what I meant by how manga influences my daily life.


But it is not as if I have other set meals...I only have tonkatsu, thus this is tonkatsu teshoku (the only option).  Hahaha!!!  Well, perhaps in the future if I become a little more diligent, I'll prepare a few different dishes so that I'll be able to offer set meal options for my family.  As for the above teishoku, I have stew mushroom in the small bowl, with main entree of tonkatsu with a dollop of oroshi daikon, cold slaw in lemon sauce and grill asparagus with ham, and not forgetting a bowl of takenoko (bamboo shoots) miso.  Another satisfying meal to get myself going.

But really, I should control my otaku self a little better.  Otherwise, I am probably turning 2D myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment