Sunday, March 14, 2021

Peanut brittle



 Peanut brittle sound western, but I often have this when I was a child growing up in Malaysia.  Those days, it was never one of my favorites.  But today, I missed them, mostly because I can not get it easily.  So, with the help of Google-sama, I finally found a good recipe to try out.

Asian peanut brittle has sesame in it, but I cannot get good quality sesame here where I am at, so, I skipped them.  Recipe is quite simple, but having too much is really not pretty to the teeth.  The brittleness of peanut brittle comes from the hardened caramel (basically cooked down sugar with butter in this case).

I limit myself to one to two pieces a day if I were to eat, otherwise, I am probably going to have cavities. Hahaha!!!  Anyway, I like to have them around.  Why?  Because us, humans are just weak to sweets.  It is good way to sooth my "glass heart" as many Chinese might relate to this.  What is "glass heart"?  You know, a heart that is easily broken....well, I have days where my heart seems to crack.  I need sweets to glue it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment